My Win11 Pro machine somehow cannot install Affinity by Canvas. This is straight install from the website, as I picked Windows Personal, and it downloaded a MSIX file. The install went to 100%, after downloading 681MB, then errored out with this installer error:
App installation failed with error message: AppxManifest.xml(52,6): error 0x80070005: Cannot register the Canva.Affinity_3.2.3.4646_x64__8a0j1tnjnt4a4 package because the following error was encountered while registering the windows.fileTypeAssociation extension: Access is denied.
Try again and contact the package publisher if the problem persists. (0x80070005)
I am the administrator but I was unable to assign "run as administrator" because this MSIX installer does NOT use permissions. I've retried multiple times, and I've even tried installing the Microsoft Store version. Neither worked.
Turns out the solution is extremely UN-obvious... Download the X86 Enterprise version, NOT the personal version.
This one will allow you to "run as administrator", if you need it, but this will not have the MSIX version's permission problem, even without the admin permissions. Mine installed with no problems at all, no administrator permission needed.
So now you know the real solution to this. The two versions are identical. The only difference between the regular and Enterprise versions is the installer.

Comments
Post a Comment